General InformationWhat is SMDB
- an Electronic Resource Management System - ERM
- a database of the products you buy or subscribe to
- a single institutions or consortia solution
- manages any media type
- Product description
- Price information
- Renewal notification
- Subscription history
- Provider contact information
- Resource management
- Availability holding information
- Library holding information
- File upload feature
- Access control
- General reports
- Renewal reports
- Statistics - SUSHI protocol support
SMDB uses the following terms:
- Product: Anything you pay for or have access to, it can be a package of journals, a collection of books or it can be a single item e.g. one journal (in that case the product and the resource is the same).
- Provider: Is either the provider of the access to the product or the owner of the product.
- Agent: The one taking care of the deal. Can be a subscription agent or consortia negotiator.
- Resource: Is the single item e.g. journal, book, piece of music etc.
- Publisher: The resource publisher.
- Subject: Library of Congress (LCC) is the basic classification system. SMDB can map the LCC subject headings into your own custom built subject tree.
- More export functions - DONE
- More reports - DONE
- Public search interface